Golden retrievers are not typically finicky eaters. In fact, they pretty much gobble up anything you put in front of them!

There are some things, however, that you know you shouldn’t give your Golden because they are toxic, like chocolate, grapes, and onions, but what about milk?

Can you give milk to a Golden retriever?

While not toxic, you should not give milk to a Golden retriever because many Goldens are lactose intolerant.

Lactose intolerant dogs can suffer from a range of digestive issues, such as bloating and vomiting, when ingesting milk and other dairy products.

This article will explain why milk isn’t recommended for Golden retrievers.

You'll also know what milk can do to your dog’s digestive health, and some safer snacks you can give your Golden retrievers instead.